Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Under Ravenel

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
Not a normal crop for me when I take flora photos.  I think you know by now that I like the "up in it" G. O'Keefe style.  Not this time.  The very shallow DOF took the  background and faded it into a color field only.  This makes the flower POP out and into your face.  This was at the new Mount Pleasant park area under the Ravenel Bridge in Charleston.  There is a fishing pier, children's playground, walking trails across the bridge (2.5 miles?) and a war memorial.  It was a beautiful place to spend some time.




5 comments:

  1. AMAZING!
    love it!

    If you are ever in Pittsburgh be sure to visit Phipps conservatory! Loaded with photo ops.

    What equipment do you use?
    GOOD STUFF! Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flowers.....beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Thank you.

    I am field testing a new Nikon D3000 with a 18-55 and a 55-200 lens. (since there is a digital crop factor of 1.5 the effective range is 26-110 and 110-300 respectively)

    I'll rip off 200 photos at a place like Phipps- I GO CRAZY IN BOTANICAL HOUSES. Let's make a deal- I get Joel to perform in Pittsburgh... and you take me to Phipps. DEAL?

    ReplyDelete