Friday, October 2, 2009

Snapshots are Slapshots

You have done it.  Stood over a birthday cake to take a photo of it for posterity.  Snapshots like that are like amateur documentaries.  Where is the art in it?  You wanna be a photographer?  Then constantly remember what I've said about this: "Take the photograph that nobody else sees."  Get low and close.  Do something different.  Now for the record- I took one of those lame shots of this cake too ;)  Sometimes you just gotta do it for the other people involved.  Get YOUR photos too though.




5 comments:

  1. this is so good, wish i could take photo like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, reminds me of my Happy Birthday post from earlier this year.

    Great job!
    ~Avery

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second one was so cool, because the round red forms had such a mouthwatering shapes. A candy landscape sort of. Oddly I wasn´t thinking of food at all when I looked at those. It had become something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the detail and textures in the pictures

    ReplyDelete